I started doing these paintings a few months ago and something was missing: COLOR. That's no longer a problem since I received my shipment of professional graffiti artist quality spray paints from 33third.com in L.A. I've been having a blast making these new paintings and I think they compliment the organic shapes of my ceramics nicely. The title of the collection wasn't planned, but as I started doing more of them a theme developed. As I cut out each shape, a little voice in my head kept saying "wishbones and kidneys, wishbones and kidneys..." I'm sure it was the spray paint fumes. 

Peeling off the masking tape to reveal the color underneath is my favorite part. 
I love the combination of orange, chocolate, and cyan.
I might keep this one for myself.
NOTE: Since there's no actual foot traffic in Stone Ridge and the studio has exploded with saw dust, Frisket Film, masking tape, and spray paint fumes, I've decided to forego opening on weekends and will re-open later this month as a holiday pop-up store. There will be a proper launch party for the studio and the debut of the new paintings, and you can do some holiday gift shopping while you're at it. We will have boxed Handsome Devil Press holiday cards, new scented candles, handmade soaps, outsider art, and more. 

Join our page on Facebarf and follow us on Twatter so you don't miss out!

Rural Modernist Studio
3780 Main Street (rear cottage)
Stone Ridge, NY 12484

2 comments

  1. Erika // November 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

    Damn, baby! You're becoming a BRAND, just like Martha®!

  2. Karen/Small Earth Vintage // November 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM

    I love these, Jason! Great colors.